Have you ever worked on the project that needed to have a single console, where users can manage workloads and several scheduling points across multiple platforms and environments including Windows, UNiX, LINUX and AIX operating systems? I did. If you needed a tool to do it, Zena scheduling tool might be a tool for that. I have been working on the project where we had to develop our own home grown scheduling tool, and I have worked on the project that utilized Zena..
Zena allows to enable event-based scheduling based on the date and time, it is provides integration of some legacy applications, automates and integrates advance processes across different applications, manages multiple scheduling point from different platforms to a single console, supports multiple platforms and OS. Zena has highly scalable architecture and roles-based security. Zena also has graphical definitions of the processes and events.
We had 3 Zena environments/servers defined – Development, Test and Production. Zena agents were installed on each server. Then within zena each agent needs to be defined in Zena environment and setup in a way so, that your promotion of the processes and tasks will be going smoothly from environment to environment (promotion flow).
Everything in Zena is visible. You can see everything in a diagram mode or development mode. Diagram mode is very visual and sometimes very helpful. You can define a process or procedure in such way that base on the condition met or unmet or depending on the outcome of the process, another process and/or task or set of processes and/or tasks will be scheduled.
It doesn’t take too much time to learn it, but you scheduled processes might be as complicated as you want.
I once wrote something like this system at a place where I worked. Rules based scheduling rocks!
ReplyDelete